Village Music School teachers and staff are taking precautions that meet or exceed the standards set forth by the CDC and Contra Costa County.
1. All current music lessons will be private; the teacher student ratio will be 1:1.
2. Teachers and students have their own designated Musician Zones. Each Musician’s Zone has its own piano, guitar amp, sanitizer, music and instrument stands. Everything a Musician needs to “get in the zone.”
3. There will be no access to restrooms and family members may not enter the building.
4. Lessons will currently take place in both the Village Theatre and our two medium 144 ft² rooms. One teacher will be instructing one student in person at a time.
5. Only air high fives and fist bumps allowed.
6. Pianos, chairs, and other shared items will be cleaned between lessons.
7. Air will be circulating through the building and HVAC units will be filtering air within the rooms. Lessons will take place with room doors open.
8. Students will enter the building through the front office. After their temperature is taken, students will wash their hands and wait in our designated area for their teacher to meet them.
9. Temperatures will be taken with a non-contact Infrared forehead thermometer prior to entering the building and anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to proceed with lessons for that day.
10. Students and teachers will wear masks or face shields during each lesson.